Share This Article
CEOs are the leading managers of a company. It is also the position with greatest authority in running and administering a business. It is a profile that must encompass a number of aptitudes from a high academic level and expertise to key intrapersonal and interpersonal skills.
AMONGST THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES, WE may FIND:
- Being the ultimate authority, they oversee high-level decisions regarding policies and organizational company strategies.
- As leaders, they encourage employees, advise the board, and transform units within the organization.
- As communicators, they inform external agents of the company participation, goals, and achievements, as well as management.
- As managers, they lead organizational operations throughout time.
When it comes to a start-up, CEO roles are mainly focused on three areas:
- Creating a vision and a strategy for the company, communicating them to the entirety of the work team as well as stakeholders.
- Recruiting, training, and retaining the best human talent for the company.
- Making sure funds preserved within the company are sufficient.
It is often the case that companies keep on growing and acquiring larger loads of activities and responsibilities. Decision-making for CEOs will be supported by, or even deferred to, heads of a number of departments including operations, finances or IT, who oversee and support the decisive execution of ideas and influence on decisions.
In order to effectively and assertively perform as a CEO for a company, it is key to possess a number of skills and talents strengthening the executive director profile and ensuring the adequate development and progression for a company, such as:
- Sound academic training.
- Outstanding experience in executive positions.
- Certain personal qualities, chiefly leadership.
…more than bosses, they ought to be leaders!
CEOs should be able to inspire people, sustaining said inspiration in their work teams besides having a remarkable ability to commit to their respective companies. It is clearly one of the most demanding jobs around: a professional in this position must display enviable work stamina, favoring the generation of greater trust and dependability both in shareholders and the work team.
A good CEO is, by nature, a good communicator with considerable diplomacy, thus allowing for circulation of information within teams to flow and important actions to be clearly, concisely, and thoroughly, notified to Trustees or Governing Bodies.
The executive director will be an excellent strategist with exceptional decision-making skills, able to positively influence the company to take the road to success. Amongst other traits, CEOs innovate and have audacity and clarity when it comes to making decisions and taking different points of view into consideration.
Behind every great company, there is a great CEO working, motivating, having an impact, and influencing people and their lives in the best possible way.